Monday 12 November 2012

Bandai Ultraman Tiga Guts Wing 2

                This is my first attempt in trying to review toys.  You will see that everything in my collections might look weird.  Well, my taste for toys may be different from others.  I bought and keep those toys that I only like, sometimes without caring whether it is for toddlers, kids or adults.  If I like it, then I buy it. J So you might see a lot of different lines and types of toys in my collection reviews.

Guts Wing 2


                First up, is my first collection in Ultraman Toy line, Bandai Guts Wing 2.  Ever since I watch ultraman series, I have wanted to own those cool (sometimes weird) looking jets.  Especially when I watch Ultraman Tiga aired in the local TV station.  The design, story and all the equipment was so cool and revolutionary.  But since I live in a small town, there has been no chance of cool toys to arrive there.
                So when I move to University and went to a bigger city it was not long that these toys of Ultraman Tiga shows up and I am really craving for it.  Finally I bought 1, (just one) which is the Guts Wing 2.  Actually it was my parents who bought this for me, since I save some of the money they sent me for my daily life in University and I have no job at that time.
                Okay, let’s get it on with the toys.  First is the box.  It came in this beautiful box, with image of the jet and the Ultraman on the front view.  The box is sturdy because the inner box was made of thick Styrofoam to keep the jet safe inside.  Taking the jet out, it already is ready for play.  All you have to do is to stick some stickers from the sticker sheet to the jet, but this is optional for you.

the Box
Box rear
Side Box
Side box
in The Styrofoam coffin
Freshhhh
The Manual and used label
Manual details
               

                The jet itself has several modes.  The first time you took it out of the Styrofoam tray, it was in the (I called it) Hangar mode.  The wings all swept back, the vertical stabilizer was kept down as to reduce space in the base.
Hangar Mode
Hangar Mode rear
The underside, check out the permanent silver wheels

                The Second mode is the flight mode.  From the Hangar Mode, you just have to swing the wings forward and flip the smaller wings kept under the main wing out.  this main wing move in unison, so if you move one of them the other will also move. a really neat trick.  Don’t forget to swing out the vertical stabilizers also. Then  you have it, the flight mode.

Spread the main wings
Extend the wing tips
Finally switch the vertical stabilizers up

The Flight Mode
Flight rear view
Flight underside


               The Last mode, also the reason why I choose to buy this jet aside from other vehicles of ultraman Tiga is the Hyper Electromagnetic Launcher mode.  Basically the fuselage of the front of the jets just split to both side, revealing this large Chrome cannon which the show called Hyper Electromagnetic Launcher.  The only problem is that directly in front of the cannon there is a vertical bar holding both sides of the fuselage.  With the bar right in front of it, I cannot imagine how they can fire the cannon.  Well in the show the bar does not exist, probably this bar was put there to stabilize the fuselage splitting feature. But then again this is a really cool mode.
Hyper Electromagnetic Launcher mode
Check out the cannon
Slide Bars in front of the cannon
underside view


                In the paintjob parts, the jet has great paintjob, mostly black with some yellow plastic.  Also the cannon part was painted in chrome.  This jet has been in my possession for more than 10 years and there has been no sign of paint chip or problem.
                This jet has metal parts in the rear parts of the fuselage, the cockpit to the rear which also serves as the pivot point for the wing was made of metal.  The front fuselage and the wing were made of hard plastic.  While the vertical stabilizer and the smaller wing was made of flexible plastic, so no afraid of breakage.
                My only problem with this jet is the landing gears, it was molded permanently under the fuselage, and so if you pretend to fly this thing, you can always see those 3 bulges of the landing gears, definitely unhidden with the silver wheel (i wonder why they did not put black wheels).  But, overall, this jet is still a great one and has great quality over it.

1 comment: